Dutch Week 2023
From Thursday 27 April to 7 May – Throughout Aotearoa New Zealand
Celebrate all things Dutch
Culture, heritage, language, food or business, there’s something for everyone (Everyone means everyone, you don't have to be Dutch to join).
Here’s what the 2023 Dutch Week has in store:
- Join the official opening of the Dutch Week at Foxton's "Big Dutch Day Out", a fun-filled day out for the whole family
- Enjoy Dutch cinema at one of the Dutch film festivals organised in 5 major cities
- Ride your bike as part of the Orange bike rides organised by local clubs across the country
- Score yourself a good deal at a Vrijmarkt hosted by your local club
- Compete to become the national champion at this year's speech competition
- Network with the Dutch business community and learn from sustainability experts
- Celebrate King's Day at one of the epic parties thrown in Auckland or Christchurch
- Smell forgotten scents at the geur kunst/scent art exhibition in Foxton
Here's what happened last year
We Painted the Country Orange
Festivities, activities, laughter and events
It all started at the Big Dutch Day Out, in Foxton,
daar bij die mooie Molen...
And we finished with Orange Bike Rides, all over the country - in 12 cities and towns.
We had great old-fashioned fun - op stelten en blikken. We ate plenty of poffertjes.
En er werd Nederlands gesproken (en gehakkeld... daar zijn we ook trots op!).
Great effort everybody... Let's do it all over again next year.
Even Bigger and Better! Met Meer Oranje!